Call for applications
The ARIADNE project invites researchers to apply to participate in individual training visits to carry forwards their own research. These opportunities are offered as part of ARIADNE's Transnational Access (TNA) activities and calls for applications will be opened every three months.
The final call for applications is open! You should complete your application and return it to ARIADNE.
We welcome applications from individuals with a scientific interest and ability to benefit from training in archaeological research data management. Click here for information about how to apply.
Sponsorship is available up to 1000 euros per participant (to cover the cost of travel and accommodation) plus a tuition fee waiver. Bursaries are awarded on a competitive basis, according to the procedure described in the application pack and eligibility criteria below, and based upon the quality of the applicant, their proposed project, and their personal statement.
Applications are invited for access for:
Individual training: Mapping existing datasets to CIDOC-CRM (PIN)
Organizer: PIN; Venue: Prato, Italy.
Period: Individual access will be provided for a week until December 2016. Small groups working on the same project are welcome.
Content: The goal is to enable researchers and professionals:
- to map their datasets to the CIDOC CRM standard to enable integration into wider frameworks such as ARIADNE. The transnational access will provide a summary background to the CIDOC CRM, show some case studies and some frequently used templates (e.g. for chronology, authorship, locations, etc.); time will be dedicated to developing the mappings of participants’ case studies under the supervision of specialists.
- to design the structure of archaeological datasets containing scientific data (e.g. from archaeometallurgy, archaeobotany, dating methods, human remains, etc.), or to map existing ones to enable integration in wider frameworks for archaeological datasets. The transnational access will include provisions for specific data formats as required by the technologies and experiments; related information such as location, chronology, authors, technology and equipment used, etc. After an introduction, the activity will focus on the case study proposed by the participant.
ARIADNE Winter School, 12-16 December 2016 (open to invited organizations)
As part of the TNA opportunities, PIN is organizing the ARIADNE Winter School on ”Legacy datasets and their inclusion in the ARIADNE Registry”. The workshop is addressed to the ARIADNE associated partners and heritage institutions willing to share their datasets through the ARIADNE Portal. The objective of the workshop is to collect and define contributions to the project activities by drafting individual action plans. Participants are invited to attend the workshop and to present the datasets they wish to integrate into the ARIADNE infrastructure.
The Winter school is organized as follows:
1. Training Workshop
Dates: 12-14 December 2016
Venue: Prato, Italy.
Workshop’ s activities:
- Discussion and illustration of the forthcoming ARIADNE activities
- Feasibility check of the inclusion of each ones’ datasets into the ARIADNE Registry
- Mapping, conversion, on-line access of partners’ datasets
Deadline for applications: 18th November 2016.
Participants may also be interested in attending the PARTHENOS workshop (14 December, 14:00-17:00).
2. Participation to the ARIADNE event "Unlocking the Potential of Digital Archaeological Data"
Dates: 15-16 December 2016
Venue: Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, Florence