Special Interest Groups
There are eight Special Interest Groups (SIGs) which each address a specific topic for further investigation and research within ARIADNE.
Each SIG has the following objectives:
- To survey the state of the art of research on their specific theme with a focus on issues concerning the creation and use of related datasets, availability of open-source tools, FAQs, etc.
- To produce focused input for the Users’ Needs Report and the Innovation Agenda (medium and long-term scenarios for the impact of ARIADNE on the archaeological research framework and methodologies),
- To contribute to the analysis of the outcomes of the User Needs Survey e.g. how the available dataset infrastructure supports research on a specific theme (e.g. dendrochronology) and which are the related existing or unsatisfied needs,
- To provide input to the project repository concerning software to be stored and/or linked to,
- To provide directions for training and to suggest good practices in the relevant field, leading to the publication of specific “Guides”.
Associate members are very welcome to join the SIGs – please contact the relevant Co-ordinator to be registered as a member and to be included in the discussions.